Dream: Encouragement to Press In

We are pressed on every side by troubles, but we are not crushed. We are perplexed, but not driven to despair. 2 Corinthians 4:8

Sometimes it boggles the mind how we can mentally and emotionally survive the things that life throws at us. I am amazed by others who suffer physical affliction yet are able to carry the burdens of others without missing a step in their walk on this earth. Their faith strengthens mine.

The Lord whispered 2 Corinthians 4:8 to me in my sleep and woke me to share it with a friend. Then I realized it was also intended for me to understand so that I may walk in this Truth in my own ministry. In the midst of everything I've faced, I am amazed by the strength God provides to keep me standing firm in my faith.


"The Spirit of God, who raised Jesus from the dead, lives in you. And just as God raised Christ Jesus from the dead, he will give life to your mortal bodies by this same Spirit living within you." Romans 8:11

The apostles were great sufferers, yet they met with wonderful support. Believers may be forsaken of their friends, as well as persecuted by enemies; but our God will never leave or forsake us. There may be fears within, as well as these life battles, yet we are not destroyed. Satan will throw us to the ground but Jesus will rescue and lift us to the place where we are looking down on him. He is lower than low.

While perplexed and sometimes do not know what to do, which way to take, what course to steer, or understand yet how things will play out, we know God will take care of it all. His Spirit rises up in us in these times and gives us the words and controls our mind and body. His promises and faithfulness to keep them, combined with His love and mercy for us, provides the strength we need. We are so incredibly overcome with disbelief that we could possibly survive such things in our mind as we are called to walk through sufferings such as illness and attacks on the lives of our children.

But we are overcomers. Jesus has overcome the world.

"For every child of God defeats this evil world, and we achieve this victory through our faith." 1 John 5:4

Comments

Popular Posts