Praising God Through the Storm


It always amazed me when I heard someone praising God with sincere joy and trust in their heart while enduring physical suffering or experiencing great loss. I would think, "How can they find that place? Will that ever be possible for me?"

I was in awe. Their faith grew my faith.

My desire was to be able to say, "More for God's glory!" in the midst of my own trials. To have that complete trust that God is by my side and is in the process of working out His divine plan for me, all for His glory, seemed impossible at one time.

That was until the past several months. The opportunity presented itself for me to lead the small group I've frequented over the past few years. This time, I heard very strongly in the Spirit to teach on John 4:23, "Yet a time is coming and has now come when the true worshipers will worship the Father in the Spirit and in truth, for they are the kind of worshipers the Father seeks."

This led me to find a perfect little study guide, "A Life of Worship". It was through this study I would walk through another storm. It was through this storm that I was so focused on worship that my storm was filled with God's glory!

When we take our eyes off of our circumstances and look at them through God's lens, we can see God's glory. We can feel His presence and His hand in every situation.



My heart was hurting but comforted; my mind could not figure out the next step to take so God took the next step for me. Through it all, my heart and mind were at peace. I could not stop worshiping and praising Him.

I've known that when we worship and praise Jesus, satan's minions are overcome and must flee. When we declare God's word, they will not be allowed to deceive our mind. It is only then that His voice of truth takes hold.

Fear and despair retreat.

He that dwelleth in the secret place of the Most High shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty. Psalm 91:1

Storms come to test our foundation. Is our house built upon the sinking sand or upon the Rock of Salvation?

Storms are an inevitable part of our spiritual life. The Bible says it rains both on the just and the unjust. Jesus Himself gave a "weather alert bulletin" in the Book of Matthew. He said, “Anyone who listens to my teaching and follows it is wise, like a person who builds a house on solid rock. Though the rain comes in torrents and the flood waters rise and the winds beat against that house, it won’t collapse because it is built on bedrock. But anyone who hears my teaching and doesn’t obey it is foolish, like a person who builds a house on sand. When the rains and floods come and the winds beat against that house, it will collapse with a mighty crash.” Matthew 7:24-27

Moses said in Exodus 33:18: "Please, show me Your glory."

And God said in Exodus 33:19: "I will make all My goodness pass before you, and I will proclaim the name of the LORD before you. I will be gracious to whom I will be gracious, and I will have compassion on whom I will have compassion."


God did a mighty work in me through this life storm. He was strengthening my faith. As I glorified Him through it all, He revealed His glory in the process.

Thank you, Yahweh, for preparing me for the bigger storms to come. I know this was a very small storm in comparison to what lies ahead. You love me so much to show and equip me with what I sought to understand and possess. May my testimony lead others to true comfort and trust in you amidst the storms they are facing at this moment. "The Lord is my rock, my fortress, and my savior; my God is my rock, in whom I find protection. He is my shield, the power that saves me, and my place of safety." Psalm 18:2 ~ Amen

How will you find that place where you can praise God in the midst of the storms of life? Desire it. Seek God and ask Him for it. He will make it happen. He will be glorified and His glory will shine upon your life.

Comments

Popular Posts