Obsessed With My Faith


There are so many things we can choose to occupy our time. From the moment I wake up, my mind goes straight to what I must write.

I love to enjoy life but I've also gained a better perspective of what 'life purpose' really means. It was like God came in softly and spoke it, but it also consumes my being. So, the might behind the message simply drives me. At times, I wonder if I am obsessed with my faith. When that thought enters my mind, I am reminded how ridiculous that is. Afterall, to live In Christ and to love him with all my heart, my soul, and mind, means to do just that.



Everything is centered around him. Everything. So anything not centered around him appears futile, pointless, and reckless. I had a very dear friend suggest to me recently that I may be too preoccupied with my faith. For him, maybe, but certainly not to God. After all Christ has done for me, I truly want to show my love for him in any way I can. Though my works is not what He requires, it is my affection for Him that drives me to share my love for Him with others.

Revelation 3 talks about one of the seven churches that Christ addresses. This particular one is Laodicea. Geographically, this church sat in the valley between the mountains on either side. The water that ran down into it's aquaducts from one mountain was cold spring water. On the other side, the water that ran down into the aqua ducts was hot spring water, and when it mixed it became luke warm. In spiritual terms, lukewarm means stagnant. It doesn't flow and after sitting in stillness, it decays. This is the picture of the spiritual condition that Jesus was warning the Laodiceans about. If you're hot or cold, that means at least your moving in some kind of direction and making some kind of progress.

Lets' see how Jesus brings their spiritual condition to their attention...

"To the angel of the church in Laodicea write: These are the words of the Amen, the faithful and true witness, the ruler of God's creation." - Rev 3:14

Christ is addressing this particular church and establishing Himself. The words of the Amen are the last and final words. He is the Beginning and the End of creation. He is the One true Witness who can claim what He says to be true in every respect. These are His titles, and that settles everything. Now He continues to say this:

"I know your deeds, that you are neither cold nor hot. I wish you were either one or the other!" - Rev 3:15

He was saying that they had just stood still in their spiritual walk. Their duties to God were stagnant. No longer were they on fire for Him. They lost their focus on the true meaning of their relationship with their God. They only cared how they looked from the outside. Do you know of any Christians like this today? Tell them about God's warning if they have lost their perspective on their spiritual journey and meaning of their relationship in Christ.

"So, because you are lukewarm—neither hot nor cold—I am about to spit you out of my mouth." - Rev 3:16

Jesus is telling them just like it is. In other words, He is telling them, they literally make Him sick to His stomach and He will vomit them out. Because their faith is lukewarm? My faith is on fire and I will always pursue the path to keep that fire burning!

Someone who does not know Jesus simply would not understand that as a Christian, my relationship with Jesus is first and foremost. Why? Because he saved my life. He rescued me. His spirit is alive in me. I hear from him. I know my purpose and he has placed a burning desire in me to live it. I really do not know how I can explain it any better than that.

I've come to love God with all my heart, my soul, and my strength. When this happens, you want to tell the world about Him and what He has done. The Holy spirit has also told me to do this very thing. It came to me in a dream so powerful that it never leaves my mind.

The love I have for others who are suffering causes me to share how Jesus delivered me from the same suffering. If a doctor cured you from a horrible disease, would you not refer him to others who need a cure to keep them from dying a horrible death?




Without my faith, I would be dead. Plain and simple. I required no therapist, antidepressant, or hospital. My death threat was spiritual and He came and rescued me from the pit of hell. So, yes, my faith is the first thing I thank God for when I pray. My faith is sacred and I will defend it without wavering.

"If you have any encouragement from being united with Christ, if any comfort from his love, if any fellowship with the Spirit, if any tenderness and compassion, then make my joy complete by being like-minded, having the same love, being one in spirit and purpose. Do nothing out of selfish ambition or vain conceit, but in humility consider others better than yourselves. Each of you should look not only to your own interests, but also to the interests of others. Your attitude should be the same as that of Christ Jesus:

Who, being in very nature God, did not consider equality with God something to be grasped, but made himself nothing, taking the very nature of a servant, being made in human likeness.

And being found in appearance as a man, he humbled himself and became obedient to death— even death on a cross! Therefore God exalted him to the highest place and gave him the name that is above every name, that at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, in heaven and on earth and under the earth, and every tongue confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.

Therefore, my dear friends, as you have always obeyed—not only in my presence, but now much more in my absence—continue to work out your salvation with fear and trembling, for it is God who works in you to will and to act according to his good purpose." - Philippians 2:1-13

Comments

  1. You won't find this in many people and those that seek this also deal with the loneliness that Christ endured. I to seek this with all my heart, soul and mind. There is such a hunger than drives me to the depths of my soul. I am blessed that my family understands and supports me in demonstrating my love of Christ and all his purposes for my life. I do not think you are obsessed. I think you are actively pursuing your calling and love in Christ.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello sister...it seems that you and I are traveling the same path! I've seen the pit of hell as well...and I've felt the hand of God pulling me out of it! I too am "obsessed" with my faith. I wonder, at times, if I'm going "too far"...avoiding "things of the world"...yet, look how far Jesus went for me! I agree with you 1000% (I meant to put that extra zero!) My heart was filled with joy yesterday as I sat in church...yet, also filled with sorrow as the spirit allowed me to feel the "lukewarm-ness" in God's house. So many claiming Jesus...so few living lives that reflect Him. A free ticket to heaven is the extent of most people's faith...and it is saddening. Like you my sister...my heart is on fire...my spirit is filled with tenacity for the Lord. He is too awesome for words and I long for Him more and more! I am so thankful that there are others who understand the depths of His great love and sacrifice...you my sister reflect Him. That's what life is ALL about.
    Love, hugs, and prayers,
    Cherie

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

May the words shared here bless you in some way and inspire you to draw closer to God. Your input is welcomed and appreciated, my friend!

Popular Posts