The Peaceful Pomegranate


I suppose now is the time for me to explain the adoption of the peaceful pomegranate. The Lord has led me into this writing project, "Meeting The God of America". Most of you have seen my posts and messages about it by now. Once you read the purpose of the book project, you'll see it is meant to promote unity, understanding, and a peaceful dialogue among people with diverse faiths.

I took this little FB quiz, " What Fruit of The Spirit Are You Most Like?" Mine resulted in "Peace". I've always loved Matthew 5:9, "Blessed are the peacemakers, for they will be called children of God."
Another piece to this was my study of the 'forbidden fruit'. Many depictions of the fruit eaten from the tree of knowledge are of an apple, when it was more likely to be a pomegranate. As I continued to study this picture, the Lord revealed more to me...

The pomegranate, representing the church, is divided; the seeds, the people, possibly leaders. The flesh running through the fruit is symbolic of the flesh which divides the body of Christ. As the flesh is attempting to divide God's people, the Holy Spirit is at work to bring unity. The division of flesh joins together, with a common pursuit of the one true God, focusing solely on God and His kingdom. The top of the fruit, the crown, symbolizes this.

There is much more to this, as you can imagine. The pomegranate was used to speak these things to my heart, as I move forward in this writing project and open myself up to the growth the Lord is guiding me through.

I welcome and encourage my discerning brothers and sisters in Christ to comment on this note; forbidden fruit, the peace symbol, etc. I would also appreciate your input concerning the writing project, "Meeting The God of America." Tell me what this project speaks to YOU!

"Let the peace of Christ rule in your hearts, since as members of one body you were called to peace. And be thankful. Let the word of Christ dwell in you richly as you teach and admonish one another with all wisdom, and as you sing psalms, hymns and spiritual songs with gratitude in your hearts to God." ~ Colossians 3:15-16

Blessings and Peace to you ~

Cherie

Comments

  1. My Facebook profile picture was changed to this picture of the peaceful pomegranate. This post explains the significance of the picture.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

May the words shared here bless you in some way and inspire you to draw closer to God. Your input is welcomed and appreciated, my friend!

Popular Posts