No Doubt on This National Day of Prayer

It is so appropriate that I am listening to a song, "Glorious", by the Newsboys, as I write this. "Into your light, I come runnin'. Into your arms I come runnin'." God is my refuge today and forever. Running to him when overcome with the lies of the world is something we all must do. "O LORD, my strength and my fortress, My refuge in the day of affliction, The Gentiles shall come to You From the ends of the earth and say, “ Surely our fathers have inherited lies, Worthlessness and unprofitable things.” (Jeremiah 16:19)

On this 58th Annual National Day of Prayer, we gathered to worship and pray. How glorious the heavens must sound as our praises and prayers lift from our hearts up to our Heavenly Father. On my way to our prayer gathering, 1 Timothy 2:8 pounded on my heart, "I want men to pray everywhere, lifting up holy hands, without wrath or doubt." United, without doubt, we are to praise and worship the Lord.

Just the night before, the media spent several minutes telling the world of a new book, "Saving Jesus From The Church", written by Robin R. Meyers. Within the message spoken by the newsanchor, the book is described to suggest there was no virgin birth or resurrection. The purpose here is not to dig into the content of this book, as I have not read it, therefore, am not in a position to review it. What I do know to be true is the media is used as a pawn to distort the truth of the gospel, and to cast doubt into the hearts of believers and seekers of truth. Frankly, I stand firm in my belief of the Word of God. One book, written by a minister with endless education and credentials, will not change that.

The revelation as to what was going on hit me this morning during prayer. 'Doubt' is the keyword here. The enemy put this message of doubt and confusion before the world on the eve of our National Day of Prayer. While we pray, we must rebuke all false teachings, stand firm in our faith, and on the Word of God. We are to believe as we minister and pray. God is my refuge, and only through Jesus Christ, my Lord and Savior, will this world know the truth.

Comments

  1. I haven't got wind of that book yet. but yes, you are right on by saying the media is constantly being used as a pawn of the enemy to distort the truth or try--try to destroy it.

    "...even the gates of hell cannot and will not prevail." Good post! God bless!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

May the words shared here bless you in some way and inspire you to draw closer to God. Your input is welcomed and appreciated, my friend!

Popular Posts