Stronghold for Joy and Peace

The LORD is my rock, my fortress and my deliverer; my God is my rock, in whom I take refuge. He is my shield and the horn of my salvation, my stronghold.  Psalm 18:2

 Why do we allow our mind and emotions to steal our joy? THY WILL BE DONE! If God is in control OF all things and IN all things, our joy should remain amidst all things. But even Jesus wept. This is a human function and comes more easily to most than it does to walk in complete joy and remain in the Lord's perfect peace.

Not only is my body fatigued, but the tone on FB is flooded with friends and family struggling spiritually, emotionally, and physically. Here and there I come across a joyful spirit. I am thankful for you, my beloved Keith, and your joyful spirit!

The battle for the believer is in the mind and in the heart. Therefore, we must take all thoughts captive in Christ (2 Corinthians 10:5) and guard our heart (Proverbs 4:23).

There are thoughts and circumstances that I could dwell on and allow to steal my joy....OR....I could choose to fix my mind on those things I KNOW bring me Joy.

Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things. Philippians 4:8

Yesterday, I was reminded of PERSPECTIVE. It is my choice to focus on things which are joyful and keep me in the Lord's perfect peace. There is so very much to celebrate and anticipate! To KNOW God has great things planned for my life today, tomorrow, and eternally keeps me anticipating and expecting! It is HIS promise in Jeremiah 29:11!!

Today, Keith and I are on Day 9 until he arrives..home with me. I recall on June 23rd telling my dear friend Karen that I felt God had something amazing for me right around the corner. I knew he had brought my husband! And here we are...

This is how we should look at every single day, with anticipation and expectation of the Lord's beauty and grace. He makes all things work together for my good!!  
I do also grieve and today is a reminder for me of great loss in my own life. I can allow my mind and heart to sink deep into a place of despair and hopelessness, or not.... Of course I have a very compassionate heart and understand there is a time for all things under heaven including sadness and grieving.

Holy Spirit calls on the saints to encourage one another and I suppose this is what I am doing here in this post. Along with it, I pray for a dear sister and her family. She died suddenly this weekend. Today, my mother grieves on the 20th anniversary of the passing of her child. I can not fathom that.

My heart does hurt. It hurts for many as we
intercede for friends and family who are walking through tumultuous times.  However, I know I must remain in a joyful place and the Lord is lifting me up this morning with His reminder of the season of celebration I am walking through. His Glory has come, Amen!!

Looking at each moment from a heavenly perspective and the glory to come from all things that HE has ordained keeps my heart singing. 
Amen and Amen!! ♥♥♥

Comments

Popular Posts