So Much to Write...What to Write About?

The Lord gifted me a weekend of solitude. A weekend of healing. A weekend of reflection. A weekend of hiding in His heart. A weekend of writing!

Tomorrow was originally 'planned' to be my wedding day. That plan included the reservation of a secluded beach house intended for our honeymoon.  When all of that fell apart two weekes before the wedding date, I scrambled to get a refund on the beach house. That was unsuccessful, given the short notice.

As the Lord would have it, He wanted me to keep this gift. He was and is planning on meeting me there...



Tomorrow, my daughter and I are heading to our secluded ocean hideaway for three nights.

As I prepared for the trip, I prayerfully approached my book case to select the perfect books for my time away. I was to select three. 

The first to grab my attention: Margaret Feinberg's "The Sacred Echo: Hearing God's Voice in Every Area of Your Life" 

The second book Holy Spirit led me to is a writing by Charles Spurgeon, "Grace: God's Unmerited Favor".

The third book the Lord clearly led me to pick up is one I have not yet
started. However, there was a Scripture card marking a page. Jerry B. Jenkins, founder of The Christian Writer's Guild, wrote his first series in The Jesus Chronicles, "John's Story: The Last Eyewitness". The novel walks through the creation of both the Gospel of John and the Book of Revelation.

I had wondered really what the Lord would want me to focus my writing on over these next few days. Well, He gave me His guidance as I opened this book to remove the bookmark. On the card, it read,  

Promise of Restoration  - 'Call unto me and I will answer thee, and I will show thee great things, and difficult, which thou knowest not.' (Jeremiah 33:3)

On the reverse side of the Scripture card, I had written...  

"Write about God's restoration and my relationship renewal."

So it seems this is what Holy Spirit is telling me to write about! God is working to bring me through all of this a stronger disciple in Christ Jesus. I will succeed in Christ for He will see that I do as I place all of my trust in Him. My heart is protected by His Truth and promises as I continue along this journey of healing and restoration.  When Holy Spirit manifests through our God given gifts, the work of our hands is blessed. I am anticipating a blessed respite with Jesus this weekend. He has already said so! 

 Thank you Lord for your reminders of what most brings me joy; bringing YOU glory!

Comments

Popular Posts