Reflecting on the Attributes of God

Because God Is a Personal Spirit...
I will seek intimate fellowship with Him.
"You will seek Me and find Me when you seek Me with all your heart."
Jeremiah 29:13

Because God Is All-Powerful...
He can help me with anything.
"I can do everything through Him who gives me strength."
Philippians 4:13

Because God Is Ever-Present...
He is always with me.
"You hem me in—behind and before; you have laid your hand upon me. Such knowledge is too wonderful for me, too lofty for me to attain. Where can I go from your Spirit? Where can I flee from your presence? If I go up to the heavens, you are there; if I make my bed in the depths, you are there. If I rise on the wings of the dawn, if I settle on the far side of the sea, even there your hand will guide me, your right hand will hold me fast."
Psalm 139:5-10

Because God Knows Everything...
I will go to Him with all my questions and concerns.
"Oh, what a wonderful God we have! How great are His riches and wisdom and knowledge! How impossible it is for us to understand His decisions and His methods! For who can know what the Lord is thinking? Who knows enough to be His counselor?"
Romans 11:33-34

Because God Is Sovereign...
I will joyfully submit to His will.
"Yours, O Lord, is the Kingdom; You are exalted as head over all. Wealth and honor come from You; you are the ruler of all things.
In Your hands are strength and power to exalt and give strength to all."
1 Chronicles 29:11-12

Because God Is Holy...
I will devote myself to Him in purity, worship, and service.
"Who else among the gods is like You, O Lord? Who is glorious in holiness like You - so awesome in splendor, performing such wonders?"
Exodus 15:11

Because God Is Absolute Truth...
I will believe what He says and live accordingly.
"Jesus said, "I came to bring truth to the world.
All who love the truth recognize what I say is true."
John 18:37

"Teach me Your ways, O Lord, that I may live according to Your truth."
Psalm 86:11

Because God Is Righteous...
I will live by His standards.
"The Lord is righteous in all His ways and loving toward all He has made."
Psalm 145:17

"Surely, O Lord, You bless the righteous; You surround them with Your favor as with a shield."
Psalm 5:12

"The righteous cry out and the Lord hears them and delivers them from all of their troubles."
Psalm 34:17

Because God Is Just...
He will always treat me fairly.
"I, the Lord, search all hearts and examine secret motives. I give all people their due rewards, according to what their actions deserve."
Jeremiah 17:10

"God will judge us for everything we do, including every secret thing, whether good or bad."
Ecclesiastes 12:14



Because God Is Love...
He is unconditionally committed to my well-being.
"Nothing in all creation will ever be able to separate us from the love of God that is revealed in Christ Jesus our Lord."
Romans 8:39

"For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life."
John 3:16

"May your roots go down deep into the soil of God's marvelous love. And may you have the power to understand, as all God's people should, how wide, how long, how high, and how deep His love really is."
Ephesians 3:17-18

Because God Is Merciful...
He forgives me of my sins when I sincerely repent of them (confess).
"Let us come boldly to the throne of our gracious God. There we will receive His mercy, and we will find grace to help us when we need it."
Hebrews 4:16

"The Lord is full of compassion and mercy."
James 5:11

Because God Is Faithful...
I will trust Him to always keep His promises.
"O Lord God Almighty! Where is there anyone as mighty as You, Lord? Faithfulness is Your very character."
Psalm 89:8

"If you are suffering according to God's will, keep on doing what is right, and trust yourself to the God who made you, for He will never fail you."
1 Peter 4:19

Because God Never Changes...
My future is secure and eternal.
"Whatever is good and perfect comes to us from God above, who created all heaven's lights. Unlike them, He never changes or casts shifting shadows."
James 1:17

"Jesus Christ is the same yesterday, today, and forever."
Hebrews 13:8

"Trust in the Lord with all your heart."
Proverbs 3:5

These attributes of God were taken from a devotional written by Bill Bright, the founder and president of Campus Crusade for Christ. I've also included scripture the Lord put upon my heart to share.

Comments

  1. Praise God for all that he is to us.

    http://youcanfacetodaybecausehelives.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

May the words shared here bless you in some way and inspire you to draw closer to God. Your input is welcomed and appreciated, my friend!

Popular Posts