Laying It All Down at Jesus' Feet

I am in the middle of an incredible growth spurt! A growth spurt is defined as a period of rapid growth. A spiritual growth spurt is comprised of various revelations, healing, deliverance from some form of bondage, and definitely some chiseling. God just shows up in many ways!

During this season, I've also experienced some triggers which have caused great anxiety. Recently, I was so wound up at work that I just had to push my project aside and throw my hands up. Nothing was going right at all. So, what's new? Why did I react that way? One of my coworkers walked by and asked me if I was alright. I just had to say, "Well, you know, I just need to lay some things down at the cross."

That same evening, as I was settling in to my 12-Step group, Healing Life's Hurts, we began by listening to some music. The song our group leader chose for the evening just so happened to be the song I spoke of just hours earlier. The beautiful thing is I'd not yet heard this song off of Casting Crowns' new CD. God is closer than you think, my friends. Don't doubt it for a second!

At Your Feet by Casting Crowns

Here at your feet I lay my past down ~ My wanderings..all my mistakes down ~ I am free! Here at your feet, I lay this day down. Not in my strenght but in yours I've found. All I need..You're all I need...JESUS! JESUS! At your feet... Oh to dwell and never leave..JESUS! JESUS! At your feet there is nowhere else for me! ~

Here at your feet I lay my future down ~ All of my dreams I give to you now ~ I find peace..I find peace! JESUS! JESUS! At your feet...Oh to dwell and never leave...JESUS! JESUS! at your feet there is nowhere else for me ...There is nowhere else for me ~

Here at your feet I lay my life down. For you my king, you're all I want now. And my soul sings JESUS! JESUS! At your feet...Oh to dwell and never leave ~ JESUS! JESUS! at your feet, there is nowhere else for me! There is nowhere else for me! ~

Cuz I am FREE here at your feet...All I need is at your feet...I find peace when at your feet ~ I am FREE here at your feet. All I need is at your feet ~ I find peace..We're at your feet ~ We're at your feet!

Here at your feet I lay my life down. ~




Comments

  1. You are going to face those challenges and God is going to bring you to something bigger. I love you so much Cherie and you have given me so much Courage and just want to tell you how great you make my life. I feel these past few months have been some of the bigger growth spurts for me to. We are going to get there. You give so much of your everything and God is not going to leave you nor ever forsake you. That is one thing we can say is that whatever the world can strip and take away from us. Our testimonies of what he has done in our lives will stand the test of time. No one can ever take that.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

May the words shared here bless you in some way and inspire you to draw closer to God. Your input is welcomed and appreciated, my friend!

Popular Posts