God's Justice: Reminders of The Bad Things We've Done

Journaling has blessed my life so much! 

I stumbled across a misplaced journal awhile back and was reminded of a great sin against God. It sure did start to welcome my old enemies of guilt and shame. But GOD came right away with His Word that I should not have a condemning heart toward myself, but approach Him in confidence and I will receive anything I ask. His counsel and comfort came in these passages.. 

"21 And, beloved, if our consciences (our hearts) do not accuse us [if they do not make us feel guilty and condemn us], we have confidence (complete assurance and boldness) before God, 22 And we receive from Him whatever we ask, because we [watchfully] obey His orders [observe His suggestions and injunctions, follow His plan for us] and [habitually] practice what is pleasing to Him." 1 John 3:21-22 Amplified

We often confuse God's grace with God's justice. 
While grace is a gift undeserved, justice is what He IS. 

He will not forsake us and allow evil to win over our life if we have fallen prey to satan. He is my Redeemer and greatest advocate. He showed me some things over the next few days following the discovery of my journal. 

What evil destroyed, God stepped in and restored. And in only the way He can do it, handed down a guilty judgment against the father of lies once more. His act of justice washed away the torment of self condemnation and revealed sweet rewards and reinforcement. 

I am HIS beloved...and how sweet it is that my Beloved is MINE!


Comments

Popular Posts