More "Beautiful" from God



Yesterday, I took a beautiful afternoon drive into the mountains on the American River with journal in hand. I love writing out my prayers. I just start writing a letter to God and I feel so connected to Him as I write. Pouring my heart out to Him with some questions was painful but cleansing; painful to be honest with myself and cleansing to empty the weight from my heart. 

I just wanted to hear from the Lord today. This was my heart's desire before setting foot outside the door.

When I returned home, I went straight to my patio with my pey pey kitty and a book I grabbed from my bookshelf yesterday titled, "The Everyday Guide to God". It's really a reference guide filled with an A-Z listing of God's attributes, relevant verses, and quotations.

I opened it to "Beautiful", where Holy Spirit answered today's prayer from the mountain top with 2 Timothy 1:7.. 


"For God did not give us a spirit of timidity (of cowardice, of craven and cringing and fawning fear), but [He has given us a spirit] of power and of love and of calm and well-balanced mind and discipline and self-control. (AMP) 

The actual translation in the book is from The Living Bible and is paraphrased as..


"For the Holy Spirit, God's gift, does not want you to be afraid of people, but to be wise and strong, and to love them and enjoy being with them."

This was such powerful counsel from the Lord today.

My fellowship and circle of friends has suffered over many months and God is drawing me back to fellowship. I know how important it is, but have become so isolated outside of work. I've needed the time alone to focus solely on my home and daughter.

Worry had gripped my heart concerning my job and my daughter's future.

Holy Spirit is now moving me, guarding my heart, reminding me, and restoring...once again. 


Amen, so very grateful for your counsel and love, Lord.

Comments

Popular Posts