Intimate Times: Prayer for My Soulmate


Before I set off to The Carpenter's House in Seaside, a sweet friend advised me to pray specifically to the Lord for my help mate. I suppose I had never approached God with a list of specifics because I know God knows what He is doing and already is preparing my husband in ways I can not comprehend.

After this conversation with my friend, I realized I should at least search my heart for what is important to me in a husband. My friend also ended her counsel with the point that the attributes I desire in a soul mate should be attributes I will also possess.

My time on the shoreline with the Lord proved to be a blessed time as I petitioned Him for my soulmate.

I began by simply searching my heart and listing the things that seem to matter to me:

  • Heart consumed with love for Jesus (He loves Jesus first and foremost)
  • Warrior Spirit
  • Radical transformation and testimony
  • We will "KNOW" one another (I received this 'knowing' message a couple years ago and though it meant it would be someone I have already met in my life. But Holy Spirit later revealed it will be a knowing in the Spirit, as in a strong spiritual unity)
  • Loves family and honors my daughter
  • Treats me and my daughter like the Princesses we are
  • Physically strong
  • Loves to travel
  • Protector and provider
  • Joyful
  • Not idol
  • Encourager and supportive
  • Comfortable revealing his heart (authentic and transparent)
  • We bring out each others strengths
  • Nurturing, knowing when to show compassion
  • Loyal and honest
  • Godly role model to my daughter
  • Drawn to worship....at the OCEAN, please Lord!
Then I stopped and prayed as I watched the ocean waves and the majesty of the waters. Seeking the presence of the Lord's Spirit brought the completion of my 'list'...
  • His eyes will reveal You!
  • His heart will feel like You!
  • His love will draw others to You!
  • He will be the spiritual authority in our home
  • He is secure and unwavering in his faith and his identity as a child of God!
And I pray, believing God has already answered my prayer...

Father God, thank you for leading me to the water to be with you. You know my heart. I believe as I delight in you, the desires of my heart will come because you have put them there. All of these qualities indeed make up the best in a husband. Some things may be withheld in order for me to strengthen in that area. I am giving this to you..releasing this prayer to you for my dear husband...

Protect him, Lord. As he seeks you, may he walk in obedience to the way you call him so he may find me. Guide his steps and let his heart hear mine. Bring our souls in unity. May we be united in a way which only glorifies and honors You! Let him see my heart submerged in you and be drawn to that. Let him see my boldness as that of a warrior spirit, compatible to his as we walk together through life's storms.....

Father, I am in love with him already. Thank you for preparing us and for sending him on his way. You know him and he knows you. We will know one another. Let our unity in You walk us into your Kingdom forever, eternally.

Amen ♥

Comments

Popular Posts