Teaching,Testimonies,and Prayer


I've been really looking forward to our upcoming women's retreat and it is finally here! Oh, how I need solitude with Jesus!

God did call upon me to facilitate one of the retreat workshops and I will teach on living a life of worship to many women who are in a waiting season in their life.

Then Holy Spirit revealed I am to also share a testimony about how these retreats have impacted my life. I received an email asking me if I could share during the opening session on the first night. Okay. Glorifying God is something I never turn down!

So, I just want to make sure I do not get too caught up in the social aspect of retreats. I have a beautiful fellowship group and we meet weekly. It is my heart's desire to spend some alone time with just me and Jesus! I was so intent on this thought and I know He is calling me to do just that.

Well, yesterday I received an email from a sister who leads the prayer team for our retreat. She asked me if I would serve on the prayer team. At first I thought this would take away from MY solitude with the Lord that I so desperately need.

Then I realized this was the Lord's answer to my heartfelt prayer to have intimate time with Him. Sure, I will intercede and pray with others, but I will be in prayer, communing with the Lord, more than I would if I were not placed in the prayer room throughout these upcoming three days. Holy Spirit calls upon others to help us progress along our spiritual path and I am grateful my prayer warrior sister asked me to serve.

I see what Holy Spirit is doing. This is the intimate time alone with the Lord I seek. He knows what we need and He will use us to bless others in the process. Amen.

Comments

Popular Posts