I'm Done! It Is Finished! Finito!

Sometimes we simply reach the point where we just say, "I'm done!" You know what I'm talking about; you are at your wits end with someone or something and you finally resolve to detach yourself from the person who has completely exhausted you or the situation that seems to go nowhere.

Done! This is a word that has come up recently as I heard a dear friend use it in the context I've described. It just so happened that I was also done with a very frustrating situation. She graciously let me use it and we had quite a laugh in the process.

What I did not yet realize was when I asked to adopt this word, it would come to symbolize and translate into something far beyond the context in which it was applied. First of all, my situation would not have risen to the frustration level it did if I had let go and trusted God in the midst of it.

'Done' continued to echo into my life and evolved into one amazing testimony of God's protection and love for me. I shared the next piece of this in Rashae's Message. This angel, sent from the Lord, shared one powerful testimony of how Jesus lifted him from his wheelchair and made him walk. Rashae shared much more of what God has done.

This same night, I came very close to leaving my 12-Step group. Revisiting traumatic areas of my life was stirring up those toxic emotions associated with them. Though this is part of the process of walking the 12 steps, I also was not understanding why the past had to be relived if I've already received healing and deliverance from them. It is very similar to injuring one's self. Why am I reliving this pain? I've already dealt with so many of these things and God has walked me through them. Scripture tells us not to dwell on the past. I am a new creation. Should I continue on with this group?


When he had received the drink, Jesus said,


"It is finished."


With that, he bowed his head and gave up his spirit.


✞ John 19:30 ✞


Then I reflected on where the Lord has brought me so far; on what He has DONE. He has delivered me from sexual addiction. I never went to a sex therapist; by the divine power of the Holy Spirit my sexual addiction is gone, along with the self-destructive behaviors of the past.It did not stop here, either, my friend. As this revelation continued, I came to understand the truth of the promises written in God's Word. And, the Lord is not one to compromise on His laws OR His promises. When He delivers us and breaks those chains, they fall away COMPLETELY. Believing in God's promises conveys our true faith.

So, I chose to continue walking The Steps. As I revisit these questions from my past, it presents me with the opportunity to glorify God in what He HAS done! Not only is Jesus strengthening my relationship with Him, but He has placed me with a group of women to whom I can shine the light of His glory in my life.

"Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see." Hebrews 11:1

We seem to always want to visually SEE the evidence before we can trust the promise has been kept. This is not faith. Faith is believing in what we have not yet seen. I can not only apply this to the fact that I have not yet met Jesus face to face; but believing with all my heart the things He has revealed to me today will continue into tomorrow.

Comments

  1. Absolutely amazing testimony here. God Bless you, Cherie. For honestly putting out there for all to learn from. I love you more now than ever before. <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, my mysterious commentator, the glory all goes to Jesus. I am sure it raises the voices of the angels whenever God's gifts are used to glorify Him. I am so glad this story blessed you. And I love you too.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

May the words shared here bless you in some way and inspire you to draw closer to God. Your input is welcomed and appreciated, my friend!

Popular Posts