Dreams of Scissors and The Holy Spirit


It is always our desire for the Lord to reveal himself to our children, especially our teenagers. My teen is no exception. If you are a parent to one, then you know how they can be. Most teens will accept a friend's advice or word as truth before they will accept the wisdom of a parent. So, as we pray, we should also ask the Lord to bring someone into their lives, who will speak of their faith in Christ, and share evidence of God's existence.

In a recent sermon, my Pastor spoke about begging God. This is what I beg God for on a regular basis. When the Holy Spirit does reveal himself to my daughter, it is not just answered prayer. I've come to realize that God is pursuing her. She is chosen, whether she believes that yet, or not. This is a beautiful and reassuring realization I came to know this past weekend.

"Delight yourself in the LORD and he will give you the desires of your heart." ~ Psalm 37:4

Opportunities to take off for the weekend do not come easily, or often enough for my daughter and I. This is mainly due to finances or the limitations I have with my current vehicle. When we are drawn to some thing or some place, it suddenly becomes priority in our lives. For me, I am drawn to the water, but not just any body of water. God has revealed himself to me in mighty ways, through so many various forms. However, when he plants that longing to be near the ocean, I know there is something huge in store. So, with that said, I made it a priority to rent a car and get us to the coast.

Ending up in Monterey, California, was a surprise. Normally, I like to head north, but everything kept steering me south. Several friends prayed for us as we prepared for our trip and were even texting prayers to us during the drive. How awesome! Those prayers were answered throughout the weekend. The highlight was during a few moments early Saturday morning, when we woke at 6:00 a.m.

Before we fell asleep the first night, Angelica and I watched Animal Planet's "Untamed and Uncut". The segment on the alligator was gnarly. The trainer was attacked and had to have 36 stitches in his arm. We fell asleep shortly after that show. Needless to say, I had a bizarre dream.

The Dream: A man (doctor?) was cutting another man's face with a pair of scissors. He started at the corner of the man's mouth and continued up the side of his cheek, toward his ear. He did this on both sides. Yikes! (This part reminded me of the alligators long mouth, I suppose.) THEN, the man with the scissors stitched up the mans face on both sides, even his lips...and only left a small whole between his lips in the very front..sort of like a fish.

When I woke, I mentioned the fact that I had another bizarre dream to my daughter. I did not get into describing it to her. Instead, I decided to spend some time reading my 40 Days of Love devotional. As we were lying in bed, I began reading Day 4 to her. Then onto Day 5 - This is where the holy spirit comes in.

Day 5 - " Love the Lord With all Your Soul and Strength" starts by asking us to clear our mind of all thoughts. Then we are prompted to think of the first thought that comes to our mind. Right then, Angelica and I closed our eyes and had a silent moment. I waited...

Then Angelica says, "SCISSORS"!

It took me a minute or so to compose myself. After all, her response was random. Then I shared my dream about the man using scissors, as if in surgery.

Before I ventured into trying to dissect the dream, I first wanted my daughter to understand what was taking place in that moment. She already understands there is no such thing as coincidence. That is a huge advantage. These moments are clearly manifestations of the holy spirit. In this case, we were prompted to pray. Actually, whenever the holy spirit speaks, I pray. That is the opportunity for our dialogue together.

As I led us in prayer, the holy spirit revealed the need to pray for someone in an operating room. As we prayed for this anonymous person, I thanked God for revealing himself to my daughter, and for providing the moment to clear our minds, so that we may hear His voice, and pray.

As I continue to pray for others to come into my daughter's life, to witness to her, the Lord keeps revealing himself to her, in my presence. All we have to do is love Jesus, seek His presence, clear our minds, and listen.

"Now set your heart and your soul to seek the LORD your God; arise, therefore, and build the sanctuary of the LORD God, so that you may bring the ark of the covenant of the LORD and the holy vessels of God into the house that is to be built for the name of the LORD." ~ 1 Chronicles 22:19

Comments

  1. Cherie, just beautiful! God bless Anjelica! Oh, but He already has, in ways we can't even begin to know. She sounds like a special girl, and I'm honored to know her mom (Even if it is via the internet!)

    Blessings to you both!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome........i miss my daughter cherie. That was my exact prayer too, that God will bring someone into her life, someone who will encourage her and inspire her to go back to the Lord.
    I am praying and never stopped believing that His glory will be revealed into her life someday thru all those experiences she will gain.
    I just prayed too that may His grace be sufficient for her that day when she'll face the consequences of all her actions now.

    You always bless me.

    Weng

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

May the words shared here bless you in some way and inspire you to draw closer to God. Your input is welcomed and appreciated, my friend!

Popular Posts