The Guilt Trip



I look forward to my dreams. For a good number of years, my dreams were filled with disturbing images, panic, and fear. Many were recurring images.

The Holy Spirit comes to me in my dreams now. This began several years ago. Three of my dreams have revealed the manifestation of the Holy Spirit as a man with a glowing, blurred out face. Each of these three dreams, the Holy Spirit looked sraight into my eyes and spoke audibly to me. Each time was only a few words. Each of the dreams remains embedded in my heart, as if I will never forget them. I cannot say that about many of the dreams I've had.

This dream had me traveling on a bus. It was not a Greyhound, but a local bus in the city. I was seated directly across from the driver, and one seat back. As the driver turned his head in my direction, I saw his face glowing, absent from the details of a human face. His glow exuded peace as he spoke...

"What are you doing on this bus? You are going to have to get off this guilt trip in order to experience the blessings I have for you."


This was the end of the dream, as the words woke me immediately. It was 3:00 a.m., which is the regular time I wake from Holy Spirit dreams.

Of course it did not take but a minute to realize what my guilt and unforgiveness toward myself was. And that is exactly what guilt IS...UNFORGIVENESS and SELF-REJECTION!

"For all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God, and are justified freely by his grace through the redemption that came by Christ Jesus."
- Romans 3:23-24


Are you wearing shackles of shame and guilt? One translation of "guilty" is "enochos," which means "held in, bound by." Jesus' death on the cross for our sins, and His resurrection, freed us 2000 years ago from our sins which bind us. If we accept Him as Savior, it's a done deal.

"I acknowledged my sin to You, And my iniquity I did not hide; I said, "I will confess my transgressions to the LORD"; And You forgave the guilt of my sin."
- Psalm 32:5

Comments

  1. I have actually been thinking about this a lot lately. Not only my unforgiveness towards myself but do I hold unforgiveness in my heart towards others?

    During my time on a journey that I am taking I am realizing that unforgiveness of any kind is not healthy and not conducive to a healthy and balanced lifestyle. God is leading us back to balance in body, mind and spirit.

    Blessings

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

May the words shared here bless you in some way and inspire you to draw closer to God. Your input is welcomed and appreciated, my friend!

Popular Posts