Prayer for Prisoners

As I was alone in worship this morning, I began flashing on those in isolation, separated from the love of their families, surrounded with the spirit of fear and hopelessness. The holy spirit gave visions of concrete walls and steel bars. I saw men and women sitting with their head in their hands, trying to hold on. Hold on to what? I was overcome with thoughts, as if coming from their own thoughts. Maybe these thoughts were those I had when I was sitting in a cell, holding on. I don't know, but the thoughts kept jumping around, as if the holy spirit was communicating the cries of all these prisoners to my heart. There is an urgency to pray. I am always reminded of the Apostle Paul, as he wrote so many prayers.

When the holy spirit comes this strong, I usually start writing. Many of my prayers come from my journal entries. He just sort of takes over, as I often have difficulty finding the words to pray.

Won't you join me in praying this prayer I wrote for those behind prison walls ~

"Lord, you offer freedom to all people. My prayer is for all those locked away in isolation to receive you today, as their Lord and Savior. May their longing for freedom result in that freedom only your truth can bring. Speak to their hearts, dear God, and bring them to complete repentance of their crime. For those asking for forgiveness, please hear their cries and deliver them from the hands of the enemy. Break away the chains holding them in captivity; fear, shame, pride, unforgiveness, despair. You know their hearts Lord. For those who question why their families no longer write or visit, please reveal yourself to them as their God who is with them, unconditionally. For the innocent, Lord, be with them, protect them, and may your truth be revealed. Bless them Father with your word. Let your word be their sword, fighting against the attacks of the enemy each day. Pour your spirit of forgiveness into their hearts. We pray for peace. We pray and believe for miracles behind all prison walls. Almighty God, you can do more than we can possibly imagine. May it be revealed that at times you bring us to places such as prison in order to capture our attention, so that we may hear your voice. Bless those who are bringing your love into the prisons and ministering your word to those who believe their is no hope for them. We trust in you Father and we pray for those who've never known how to trust, or who've been traumatized by betrayal of trust in those dearest to them. We come against the enemies attack on their minds, dear God, in Jesus' name. Let our prayers be heard Father, not only by you, but within the souls of those we are praying for. These things we pray to you, in the name of our Savior, Jesus Christ!
Amen.

Many of you already know I work for Powerhouse. This ministry was founded to serve the families of Folsom Prison inmates. Our director's husband works for Prison Fellowship , which is launching a pilot program here with the California Dept. of Corrections, beginning in Vacaville around September of this year, to introduce faith-based prisons. The rate (recidivism) of ex-cons or "Post-Crime Achievers" is currently around 75% for secular prisons. Faith-based prisons run only 3%!!!! There are faith-based prisons in Texas and Florida, and we pray for this to continue throughout our country.

Peace my friends!!

Comments

Popular Posts