Summit of Despair by Cherie LaLanne

Summit of Despair
A run through Hell on deadly curves
Afraid of what could be
Miles of twisted roads run on inside of me
Riding out Hell's Dark Canyon ~ roads have been so rough
Climbing the highest mountain
One ride that's made me tough
Darkness appears as clouds ~ Loneliness and despair
Blinded by hopelessness and fear which lead me there
Drowning storms reaching and tearing at my soul
Unable to see the light above ~ At times so bitter cold
Waiting for the landslide around the curve ahead
Hopeful for the Meadow of Life ~ Appearing there instead
Deepest valleys with gouging pain ~ Strength only for today
Costly tolls for bridges burned ~ Each day a price to pay
Bound with no escape riding circles around this place
Studying the pools of water ~ The reflection is not my face
The lair of scars runs deep within
forming tales I'll one day tell ~
Memories of painful battles along the roads through Hell ~
Thankful to the Angels of Mercy while broke down on the road
Don't feel so lost ~ I know now I do not ride alone ~
Twists and turns won't seem so deadly ~ Just a better ride
Fear, despair, and anger now released from inside ~
More winds to ride before I rest ~ Look to my Angel to guide me now
Ridin on ~ Free from fear ~I'll make it ~ I won't go down ~
Ridin higher ~ Lookin ahead ~ The summit around the bend
Losing sight ~ Not believing ~ Won't ride through there again ~
Smoother roads are calling beyond the Summit of Despair
Thundering winds calmed to a whisper ~ Faith will get me there ~

Comments

Popular Posts