Contending for Our Hope


We have a choice to make each day. We choose. 

This could go many directions, but I am talking specifically today about where we place our Hope.
Definition of HOPE:
     1 - to cherish a desire with anticipation
     2 - to desire with expectation of obtainment
     3 - to expect with confidence
     4 - Trust in...


My heart is concerned about the condition of despair so many find themselves in; this is the opposite of hope.

What contends for your hope, desire, confidence, and trust? What leads or compels you?

Where does your hope come from? What gives you peace?

As a Christian, my hope comes from the Lord. This means I trust in God alone for all that is to come.

Jesus came to keep us from evil and give us a future and hope. (Jeremiah 29:11) yet we grasp and compete for money and stature in our jobs.




In my dream I saw two scenes..
.

First, there were people, specifically Jewish people, lined up to receive their Word of Hope. They each were handed a Scripture card. Peace and contentment were among them.

The second scene was set in the work place. There was much chaos, fear, and despair. People were afraid of losing their jobs. They were positioning themselves for promotion, no matter what the cost. There was panic among them as executives came to make announcements about restructuring the company.


Whom have I in heaven but you? And earth has nothing I desire besides you. My flesh and my heart may fail, but God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever. Psalm 73:25-26


The hopes of the godless evaporate. Their confidence hangs by a thread. They are leaning on a spider’s web. They cling to their home for security, but it won’t last. They try to hold it tight, but it will not endure. The godless seem like a lush plant growing in the sunshine, its branches spreading across the garden. Its roots grow down through a pile of stones; it takes hold on a bed of rocks. But when it is uprooted, it’s as though it never existed! That’s the end of its life, and others spring up from the earth to replace it. Job 8:13-19


Comments

Popular Posts