Pain In The Brain


Our mind is prone to pain. For some of us, our thoughts wander into some pretty dark places. Often, all it takes is a song or a brief glance at a picture. Isolation can cause our mind to be overcome with negative or painful thoughts. We may have unresolved pain or unforgiveness.

Other times, it is mere distraction of the world around us that causes our mind to drift from the will of God. Pressures of life can overwhelm the brain to the point that we do not do things we know we should be doing. Or we do things we know we should not be doing. We all know about stress.

When I am alone, it is so difficult for me to pray because my mind takes a walk. When I am gathered with others in prayer, I do not experience this. Just when I am alone.

This is why my prayers are sometimes written out. It is very effective for me and keeps my mind focused on praying in the Spirit. I've wondered why writing my prayers works so well. In discerning this, I know it is because God has given me the gift and calling to write. Therefore, His Spirit speaks while in prayer through my writing.

Have you ever wondered why your mind wanders?

At times, does it drive you crazy?

Do you end up letting things fall by the wayside because you lose focus?

Why
do we do things we really do not want to do?

In the Bible, the Apostle Paul writes about his own struggle. There are spiritual forces fighting against forces of the flesh and spiritual forces fighting against each other. Where does this battle take place? Ultimately, our actions convey what is in our mind. What is allowed into our heart goes straight to our mind. This is why we must guard our heart at all times. (Proverbs 4:23)

The battle is in the mind. It's a pain in the brain!

A law is a way things react whenever in the same circumstances. It happens every time! And it works everywhere! A good example is the law of gravity. In Romans 7:12-25, Paul tells of how he continues to do what he does not want to do.

In reading this letter, we see four spiritual forces that vie for our heart. They are spiritual Laws.

The Law of God
The Law therefore is holy, and [each] commandment is holy and just and good. (v12)


The Law of God arouses our conscience and calls us to live the way God wants us to live.

The Law of Our Mind
For I know that nothing good dwells within me, that is, in my flesh. I can will what is right, but I cannot perform it. [I have the intention and urge to do what is right, but no power to carry it out.] (v18)


The Law of Our Mind often says 'No' to the law of God. We can either bow to God's authority..or not. Our choice. When we partner our mind with God's Word, there becomes a powerful force within us. In a sense, our soul is no longer divided.

The Law of Sin and Death
So I find it to be a law (rule of action of my being) that when I want to do what is right and good, evil is ever present with me and I am subject to its insistent demands. (v21)


This death law comes along to take our souls hostage and makes us do things our mind, and certainly not God, wants us to do! The Law of Sin and Death is powerful enough to separate us from God.

The beauty of it all is when the final force of Jesus Christ releases the 4th law in us; The Law of The Spirit of Life. In Him, we can resist the pull of the force of sin and death. His Spirit enables us to be who we are called to be and to do the things we can't do in our own power.

Who will release and deliver me from [the shackles of] this body of death? O thank God! [He will!] through Jesus Christ (the Anointed One) our Lord! So then indeed I, of myself with the mind and heart, serve the Law of God, but with the flesh the law of sin. (v24-25)

Rather than living as a prisoner of your mind, take your mind prisoner to The Spirit of Life in you. Let God's love and His thoughts into your mind by meditating on Scripture or listening to spiritually edifying music. Instead of allowing your thoughts to hold you captive and cause pain in your brain, take all your thoughts captive in Christ.

For though we walk (live) in the flesh, we are not carrying on our warfare according to the flesh and using mere human weapons. For the weapons of our warfare are not physical [weapons of flesh and blood], but they are mighty before God for the overthrow and destruction of strongholds, [Inasmuch as we] refute arguments and theories and reasonings and every proud and lofty thing that sets itself up against the [true] knowledge of God; and we lead every thought and purpose away captive into the obedience of Christ. 2 Corinthians 10:3-5 (Amplified)

Comments

Popular Posts