Was blind but now I see..Literally!

How often do your thoughts lead you to ask how, where, or when? My mind goes there every single day.

Most recently, I've asked myself repeatedly where I could have possibly left my prescription glasses. They've been missing for two weeks. These are not reading glasses. I need them to drive. It is difficult to see where I am going. I miss turns because I am unable to read the street signs. Distance is altered so my vision is deceived. This could cause great harm to someone, whether my daughter, myself, or someone else who crosses my path.

I need my enhanced vision to do my job. Others have acted as my eyes to help navigate me.

To lose focus requires the help of another.

I need my glasses to see.

Earlier this year I learned more about perspective. How I assess or discern circumstances, and even people, has changed. God showed me how to look at myself and others as well as what is going on all around us through His heavenly lens. Makes sense to me since my own vision is clearly out of focus. And it is not just my eyes, but my flesh.

Helix Nebula (The Eye of God)
"The portrait offers a dizzying look down what is actually a trillion-mile-long tunnel of glowing gases. The fluorescing tube is pointed nearly directly at Earth, so it looks more like a bubble than a cylinder. A forest of thousands of comet-like filaments embedded along the inner rim of the nebula points back toward the central star, which is a small but super-hot white dwarf. These tentacles formed when a hot stellar “wind” of gas plowed into colder shells of dust and gas ejected previously by the doomed star. These comet-like filaments have been known from ground-based telescopes for decades, but never before seen in so much detail. They may actually lie in a disk encircling the hot star like a collar."

God's Spirit is here to guide me in ALL things. Each day, I am dependent on Him. Holy Spirit is faithful and consistent as He reveals His will through Scripture, dreams, prayer, and the words of others.

Prophetic understanding and the indwelling of God's Spirit are no longer for a choice few, as was the case in the Old Testament when only kings and prophets would receive the word of the Lord.

God desires for all His children to hear His voice and walk with prophetic insight and vision.

In Acts 2, Peter quotes Joel 2:28, "And afterward, I will pour out my Spirit on all people. Your sons and daughters will prophesy, your old men will dream dreams, your young men will see visions."

To whom was this promise given?
Acts 2:39 tells us, "The promise is for you and your children and for all who are far off—for all whom the Lord our God will call"


Every aspect of my life requires that I seek God's perspective; God's vision.

I had pretty much given up on finding my glasses. Oh yes, I've been praying for them to resurface, but I honestly had believed they would resurface through a brand new pair.

This morning, as I prepared to take the trash out, I reached for my sandals. Then, for whatever reason, I changed my mind and picked up my tennies. I never where my tennies. I'm not a walker, but I want to be.

Well, right there, inside my shoe, were my glasses! I can't tell you how grateful I was to see them. Silly me...I placed them in my shoe when I was carrying a ton of things from my car into the house. Next time, they go on my head! When I put my glasses on I began to cry as I thanked God for answering my prayer to point me to my glasses.

While walking, I could see the leaves on the trees again. Wow!

It was during my walk back that the Lord spoke to my heart..

"I will show you what to do, where to go, and how you will get there."

Father God, thank you for always being there, guiding me through life. May I always see through Your heavenly lens and act on what You call me to do! Your grace is sufficient. My life is yours. May these words you've given me to share today bless another in a very deep way, Lord. I adore You and am so very grateful...Amen

Comments

Popular Posts