Loyalty of My Heart


"I am my beloved's and my beloved is mine."
Song of Solomon 6:3

My house is built on the solid rock of Jesus Christ. This is not a mere wooden structure, but the house, the temple, of my being; God's temple where Holy Spirit resides. Christ abides IN me. We are one in Spirit. There is no other closer to me because He is part of me. My life belongs to Him; this is a commitment I made to Him as His Bride.

My bridegroom is the lover of my soul and as His beloved bride I will remain forever loyal. He will always know how much I love Him.

If we truly love Jesus, we will live as if He is standing right beside us, arms locked. What He loves we love. What warms his heart warms ours and what breaks it breaks ours. If this is not the case then we must not yet love Him with ALL our heart, mind, soul, and strength.

I recall when I was married and our relationship was very strained. One of the first signs my husband did not love me completely was his demeaning behavior toward me. I will not get into the fallout of my marriage, but this example is a perfect one when looking at how we treat our beloved Jesus. Are there things we say or do that demean his character? Do we disrespect our bridegroom?

How God's spirit must grieve when one of His children, His chosen, His beloved, engage in conversations of laughter about sex or someones off color remarks or jokes. When we suddenly conform to the world He must see that we truly do not know Him or love Him as we profess.

Our hypocrisy and lack of loyalty and love seem acceptable to many Christians. How is this right? It does not honor God. It creates distance from the heart of God and it is not Him moving away. Jesus reaches out as His Spirit calls out to us and even rescues us from going astray. He sees the world and the spirit of darkness attempting to lure us away, and we engage in this tug-of-war with His beloved's heart.


“Therefore whoever hears these sayings of Mine, and does them, I will liken him to a wise man who built his house on the rock: and the rain descended, the floods came, and the winds blew and beat on that house; and it did not fall, for it was founded on the rock. “But everyone who hears these sayings of Mine, and does not do them, will be like a foolish man who built his house on the sand: and the rain descended, the floods came, and the winds blew and beat on that house; and it fell. And great was its fall.”
Matthew 7:24-27

Taking a stand for our bridegroom should come naturally to one who loves Him. There will be intolerance to anything offensive to Him or that which goes against His principles provided in His word. In clinging to our beloved we will experience some division at times. Our relationship with Jesus should be so intense that we do not care what others think of our passion for Him. This division would never be as harmful to us in comparison to division we may create by joining in with disrespectful and demeaning behavior that dishonors our beloved Lord.

"And he replied, You must love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength and with all your mind; and your neighbor as yourself."
Luke 10:27

Comments

Post a Comment

May the words shared here bless you in some way and inspire you to draw closer to God. Your input is welcomed and appreciated, my friend!

Popular Posts