Road Trip , The Living Water, and Hearing From God

When it comes to spending time alone with God, most of us have a special place we retreat to. I am not referring to our daily devotions or evening prayers. This is about a time of solitude; just you and Jesus, for a day..a week..a month. We seem to find this sacred place of solitude while soaking in God's beautiful and majestic creation. I've been longing for a road trip. The Lord has presented the opportunity, so I am in the midst of all my preparations, including seeking His direction and purpose.

My special place is on the ocean. This is where I met Christ and this is where He draws me for time of significance with Him. The waters represent life, for without it there would be no life. Even as God created the earth, it was without form and dark, yet God's Spirit 'moved' upon the face of the waters. There was water but no earthly substance upon which it rested. (Genesis 1:2) We also know Jesus Christ is the living water. Why else would He require us to be born of water (baptism) and spirit? He pours His Spirit, His living water, upon us. When I thirst for more of Jesus, it is for His living water, to drink in more of His love, His glory, His truth and purpose; His rest and peace.

Whoever drinks the water that I give him will never thirst; the water I give him will become a spring of water welling up to eternal life. John 4:14

The water not only represents our cleansing by Jesus blood, but that water is living water that represents the Holy Spirit poured out upon us at Pentecost to renews us every day. Long after the water has dried from our heads we may be assured that the Holy Spirit leads us and directs us; that he empowers us and encourages us and enlivens us to live the way of Jesus. This living water can and will sustain us through the driest times and the weariest days.

In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth. Genesis 1:1

And the earth was without form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters. Genesis 1:2

In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. The same was in the beginning with God. All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made. John 1:1-3


Though God is with us at all times, the time we dedicate to Him alone, whether at the ocean or on a mountaintop, is essential to our relationship. Our busyness and responsibilities often take precedent over setting aside the time for this sacred solitude. Jesus never let His time with the father fall to the wayside. Never. His every move depended upon the direction of the Father.

This road trip is significant for me in this season of transition. God has something to reveal to me..something to change in me. This is also the first time I've set out with just me, my daughter and my niece on such a journey. My prayer is that each of us will encounter something powerful in our heart and return with a 'knowing' like no other. The Lord has appointed others to pray on my behalf and to speak His will and truth. It is clear who He is using in this and I am ever grateful to these dear brothers and sisters in Christ.

I had something very interesting take place over the past 72 hours as I've stepped up the preparations for our road trip. God is doing exactly what His word says He will do; He goes before us and behind us and has His hand upon us. He prepares the way and clears a path. To know when we are hearing from God is what keeps us in step with the holy Spirit and in alignment with his will for us. We do not want to be sent the wrong direction by the lies of the enemy, the distractions of the world, or our own flesh. When we pray for the wisdom of Solomon (1 Kings 3:9-12), we can expect to 'see' and 'hear' with an acute awareness those things manifest in the spiritual realm.

During a conversation with a dear friend, he shared his concern about my plans to tent camp without the protection of a man. He has a point and it is one I took into consideration upon setting out to plan our upcoming road trip. After assuring him our campsite was in a KOA campground and we'd set up close to another family, he reminded me...

1 Peter 5:8 ~ "Be self-controlled and alert. Your enemy the devil prowls around like a roaring lion looking for someone to devour."

This word was powerful enough to have me prayerfully consider the route of our travels this upcoming week. No fear; just wisdom that I must continue to seek God along the way.

Also, another new Facebook friend began posting links concerning Bohemian Grove and an elite Bohemian Club. Not familiar or interested, I passed these posts by, though my eyes were drawn to them with curiosity. Still, I did not take the time to check them out.

As I reviewed our route to Fort Bragg, I decided to make changes and not travel through the Sonoma Coast. I suddenly was at peace with not visiting my favorite coastal areas via the Bohemian Highway in order to shorten our time in getting to Fort Bragg.

This morning I was once again drawn to these posts about Bohemian Cove, so I viewed one of the videos which led me to further research.





I found this Bohemian Cove Fact Sheet, which I am sure you will also find highly disturbing.

It is now the time when this elite club congregates in the woods for their two-week retreat. The Lord does not want me to travel through this area and only He knows why. What I do believe is the Holy Spirit wanted to reveal to me that God's protection is upon me. I believe, without reservation, we've been rescued from something, even if it were some sort of interaction with one of those attending the retreat now under way. He is reassuring me there is something huge in store for us and His hand is upon us, guiding every mile we drive.




Psalm 139:1-10


O LORD, you have searched me and you know me.
You know when I sit and when I rise;
You perceive my thoughts from afar.
You discern my going out and my lying down;
You are familiar with all my ways.
Before a word is on my tongue
You know it completely, O LORD.
You hem me in—behind and before;
You have laid your hand upon me.
Such knowledge is too wonderful for me,
Too lofty for me to attain.
Where can I go from your Spirit?
Where can I flee from your presence?
If I go up to the heavens, you are there;
If I make my bed in the depths, you are there.
If I rise on the wings of the dawn,
If I settle on the far side of the sea,
Even there your hand will guide me,
Your right hand will hold me fast.


Bookmark and Share

Comments

Popular Posts