Retreating to God's Country ~ Beautiful Lake Tahoe


Well, I am still in the middle of laundry, and operating on only three hours sleep, so this retreat should do me good! Our Lakeside Church women's retreat is held at Zephyr Point Presbyterian Conference Center each year. It is an absolutely gorgeous, sunny weekend, and Lake Tahoe remains blanketed in snow. We'll actually be across the state line in Zephyr Cove, Nevada. Just getting outside, spending some time alone with Jesus, and admiring God's creation is excitement enough. But He had more in store for me, and that is to lead one of the retreat workshops. This is a first for me, and I am anticipating an awesome time! The topic is "Sacred Relationships: Trusting God and Others With The Real You". We're removing the masks. Well, at least some of them, for sure!
There is just so much fulfillment and restoration taking place here. It has been many years since I had a reliable, affordable vehicle I could actually drive any distance. From where I live, just east of Sacramento, CA, the drive is less than 100 miles Hwy 50. My friend, Asia, is traveling with me. This is her first retreat! I don't think she slept last night in all her excitement.

Your prayers are appreciated for safe travels and protection upon all of us ladies, as we gather to worship and seek God over this next couple of days. I've been praying for many of the women who are registered to expect great things! God wants to get to the depths of every woman's heart this weekend.

Peace, my friends!

Comments

  1. WOW...what an incredible retreat! Praying you enjoy it fully and that the Lord does a mighty work in your spirit as you seek Him in your life! Wish I could go with you! ;)
    Blessings,
    Cherie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Excited you are getting to share with these women. Praying for all of you and can't wait for you to share your experiences. God is opening so many opportunities for you to share. Be safe, peace and much Love.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for your prayers, Cherie and Becky! The retreat was phenomenal. God definitely showed up, and so did Satan. I'll be sharing as much as I can without disrespecting privacy.

    Yes, Becky, the doors are opening and God's purpose is being fulfilled. Do you recall "Fulfillment" was the word the holy spirit gave to me for 2010? Your will be done, Lord..I am honored and humbled.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your workshop was great. It came at a time when God is growing me in the area of sacred relationships and authenticity. Your testimony touched my heart!

    Thank you so much for your time and valuable workshop.

    You rock!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

May the words shared here bless you in some way and inspire you to draw closer to God. Your input is welcomed and appreciated, my friend!

Popular Posts